“Our children are richer when we let them know that we, even as adults, want to grow too, and that we hope to keep growing all our lives”
Parenting is extremely fulfilling but it also comes with its share of challenges. We understand that sometimes it feels as though those challenges are outweighing the positives. We are here to support you in developing useful tools that promote your growth as a parent and build upon your existing strengths.
We work very closely with you while your child is involved in individual therapy. It is our policy that we have an initial session with parents prior to meeting with your child and we continue to meet with you for consults on a monthly basis thereafter.
We also provide parent coaching/consulting in individual or group formats for caregivers of any kind. We will work with parents, grandparents, stepparents, and any other caregiver in a child’s life. We have also found that prospective parents and parents with babies benefit from learning new skills!
Are you experiencing any of these?
- Loss of control in your role as a parent
- Yelling at your child more than laughing with your child
- Feeling as though you have lost touch with your child or do not feel as close to your child
- Feeling frustrated with your child
- Having to repeat yourself over and over with no results
- Having difficulty finding time to focus on the quality of your relationship with your child
- Feeling excessive guilt
- Trying to navigate co-parenting through separation or divorce
We are here to help you with:
- Regaining control as a parent
- Setting up a parenting self-care plan
- Helping your child develop self-control and responsibility
- Helping your child build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Effectively disciplining & limiting inappropriate behavior
- Understanding your child’s emotional needs
- Communicating more effectively with your child
- Gaining confidence in your parenting skills
- Playing with your child
- Increasing feelings of warmth toward your child
- Successfully co-parenting through separation and divorce