Kati’s Rates & Insurance
- Initial Counseling Session (up to 90 minutes), $130
- Individual Counseling Session (45-55 minutes), $110
- Family Counseling Session (45-55 minutes), $110
- Parent Consultation/Coaching (45-55 minutes), $110
- Professional Consultation (45-55 minutes), $110
- Phone Consultation (over 15 minutes), $3 per minute
I am currently an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans only. I am an out-of-network provider for all other insurance companies. For out-of-network clients that wish to go through insurance, I can provide you a detailed bill (often called a superbill) that contains all the information an insurance company will require. It is the client’s responsibility to handle all out-of-network insurance related tasks and billing. If you have out-of-network benefits, your insurance provider may reimburse you for 70-80% of the counseling fee. Please verify this, along with deductibles, co-pays/co-insurance and limitations on numbers of visits, with your insurance provider.
There are some benefits to not using insurance that you should consider:
- There is no diagnosis needed. Insurance companies require a diagnosis be reported in order to receive reimbursement for services. This diagnosis does remain on the client’s permanent health record.
- You and/or your child’s privacy are completely protected. Insurance companies often require personal information about clients in order to authorize services.
- Service and time frame of therapy are your decision. You are not dependent on an insurance company’s decision regarding the amount and level of coverage you should receive.